April is National Oral Health Month! In this issue, we would like to emphasize the importance oral health and provide you a few easy-to-follow steps to maintain a healthy mouth!
To celebrate National Oral Health Month, for a limited time only, new and existing patients can take advantage of $1200 savings on a full Invisalign case! This is a great opportunity to have the smile you have always wanted without traditional metal braces! Call today 604-579-0117 to schedule for yourcomplimentary consultation to see if Invisalign is right for you (Click here)!
Dr. Claire Wang and team
April Specials on Invisalign!
Invisalign offers a clear teeth straightening method without the hassel and pain of metal braces. It is great for adults and teens, plus relapsed orthodontist patients. You can look forward to getting the smile you have always wanted without anyone knowing you are straightening your teeth! For a limited time only, new and existing patients can save up to $1200 on a FULL Invisalign case! Ask us about your dental benefit for orthodontics! We can even work out an interest FREE payment plan. If you have been thinking of straightening your teeth, now is the time to book for a FREE consultation to see if Invisalign is right for you!
April is National Oral Health Month
Although the mouth is part of the body, we often think of it as something separate. We often ignore bleeding or tender gums, while an irritation or pain elsewhere in the body would mean a trip to the doctor.
Oral disease, like any other disease, needs to be treated. A chronic infection, including one in the mouth, is a serious problem that should not be ignored. Everything that happens in your mouth affects your whole body, which is why it is so important to visit your dentist regularly! Only your dentist has the training, skills and expertise to properly address all your oral health care needs.
When was the last time you came in for your exam and cleaning? Regular dental exams help prevent small problems from getting worse. Make sure to come in for your regular exam and cleaning! (Click here to make an appointment)
As part of a healthy lifestyle and to help reduce the risk of oral disease, we will give you a few easy-to-follow steps to good oral health!
1. Keep your mouth clean
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Wait at least 20–30 minutes after eating before brushing your teeth.
- Floss every day.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Limit foods and beverages containing sugar or carbohydrates.
- Ideal snack foods: cheese, nuts, vegetables, and non-acidic fruits.
- Look for oral care products with the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) Seal.
2. Check your mouth regularly
Look for signs of gum disease:
- Red, shiny, puffy, sore or sensitive gums
- Bleeding when you brush or floss
- Bad breath that won't go away
3. Eat well
- Good nutrition helps build strong teeth and gums.
- Munch on mouth healthy snacks like cheeses, nuts, vegetables, and non-acidic fruits.
4. See your dentist regularly
- 48% of Canadians who haven't seen a dentist in the past year have gum disease. Regular dental exams and professional cleanings are the best way to prevent and detect problems before they get worse.
5. Don't smoke or chew tobacco
- Smoking and chewing tobacco can cause oral cancer, heart disease, gum disease, and a variety of other cancers.
Once again, we would just like to say how grateful we are for all of our patients! if you have any other questions, we are happy to help. Call us at 604-579-0117 or send us an email anytime at email@example.com